Bicycle Accident Personal Injury Claims
Injured On A Bicycle In Chicago?
Bicycles are enjoying a resurgence in popularity in the streets of Chicago and its suburbs. While riders get to enjoy an environmentally friendly and affordable means of getting around, bicycles come with significant risks.
Drivers are not always conscious of bicycle presence or behavior, and even a small problem with the road can send you sprawling, potentially into traffic. Injuries are all too common and can be quite severe.
Medical costs build up, all while you might be unable to get back to work, creating financial stress that insurance companies are supposed to help you deal with. But all too often, they drag their feet or refuse to pay a reasonable amount.
That is where we come in.
Taking On Insurance Companies For Bicycle Accident Victims
If you have been hurt in a bicycle accident, chances are it was not your fault. This entitles you to coverage of your medical bills, lost wages, emotional trauma, and even repairs on your bike. This is all available through the personal injury claim system.
Unfortunately, the insurance companies responsible for paying out the financial compensation you need and deserve are often reluctant to do so. They will attempt to trick you into accepting a lesser amount, delay your claim, deny some or all of the coverage you need, or try to blame you for the accident.
Our firm, however, will help make sure this does not happen. We have a proven track record of improving bicycle accident victims’ overall recovery and are ready to take insurance companies on in court if they refuse to make a reasonable settlement.
What Financial Compensation Are You Eligible For After A Chicago Bicycle Accident?
Bicycle accidents range from being driven off the road by a car to being struck head-on by a vehicle. Injuries vary dramatically in severity and expense, but as long as the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you are able to claim compensation for all of the following:
- All medical expenses, including surgeries, long-term treatment, interventions, specialists, medication and more.
- Wages lost due to your bicycle accident injuries, including future damages or disability in the case of permanent injuries.
- Non-economic losses such as pain, suffering, loss of companionship, and more.
- Punitive damages if the person responsible for your bicycle accident was particularly reckless or purposeful.
Even for mild injuries, these factors can add up to considerable sums, and after bicycle accidents with severe injuries, they can make a huge difference in your financial stability and security. If you are unsure what you can claim compensation for, a bicycle accident claim lawyer like Michael Mannis can help.
What Should I Do After Being In A Bicycle Crash Or Accident?
If you have been injured in a bike crash or accident, it is vital that you do all of the following:
- First, you should immediately contact emergency services. Get in touch with police and law enforcement to signal the accident and the person responsible.
- Second, have your injuries seen too, at the scene and at a hospital. You may not realize how badly you are hurt after a fall from a bike, and a medical professional’s notes will be essential for your personal injury claim later.
- Third, before leaving the scene, if it is safe for you to do so, gather what evidence you can. Take pictures of the accident, the road, and conditions that may have contributed to the bicycle accident, crash or fall.
- Fourth, gather the contact information of any witnesses who saw what happened. Having voices support your story will help prevent any insurance company from claiming you were responsible.
- Finally, contact a personal injury attorney. The earlier you get a team like ours on your side, the more effectively we will be able to help you prepare your personal injury claim.
Call A Dedicated Chicago Personal InjuryBicycle Accident Attorney
If you have been hurt in a bicycle accident, crash, or incident, you deserve compensation just as much as victims of a car crash or motorbike accident. And yet, many personal injury attorneys and insurance companies will not treat your case with the same respect or attention.
Not so with Michael Mannis. Call us immediately at (312) 704-4300 after your bicycle accident to ensure that your personal injury claim gets the attention it deserves and you get the financial compensation you need.