Accidents happen every single day, and affect many of us, directly or indirectly at some point in our lives. Illinois makes carrying liability insurance, that is, to protect those injured in accidents mandatory. Beyond the coverage that the guy who hit you has, you may (and should) protect yourself and your friends and family with extra coverage called “underinsured” coverage. Accidents happen unexpectedly and in a heartbeat, and coordinating all of the available insurance is one of our great strengths.
Every personal injury lawyer handles car accident cases, but I know what sets us apart from others is the personal service and “all questions answered” philosophy we live by. We’re here to take your calls personally, to call you back quickly and to give you support through the unfamiliar process of crash to settlement. Every case is different, some cases are concluded in months, others take years of tough courtroom litigation. But keeping you informed and apprised, every step of the way is what you’ll find here.
Some quick do’s and don’ts following and accident:
- Do get the name of witnesses and take photos at the scene, if you’re able to.
- Do get prompt medical care for your injuries and make sure you tell the ER or doctor everything that is bothering you, even if it seems relatively minor;
- Do call us as quickly as possible after the crash; we will start helping and protecting you immediately;
- Don’t give a statement to the insurance company. They may ask you questions that seriously compromise your claim.
- Don’t wait for medical care if you’re hurt, hoping you’ll get better on your own. It will be held against you later by the insurance company.