Mannis Law

Call For A Free Case Evaluation

(312) 704-4300

I Was Injured By An Uninsured Driver. He Doesn’t Have Insurance. What Can I Do About It?

  • By: Michael Mannis, Esq.
  • Published: January 3, 2021

In Illinois, when YOU have insurance, you are protecting yourself against the possibility that you’ll be hit and hurt by someone without insurance. That part of YOUR policy is called the Uninsured Motorist (or Family Protection) Coverage and it allows you to collect compensation from your own insurance company, for the injuries and damages caused by the person without insurance. After your company, like State Farm, Allstate, Geico, Progressive or others make their payment to you, they have the right to go after the uninsured driver and try to get their money back. The important thing is that YOU don’t have to try to squeeze water (money) from a rock (uninsured driver.)

State law in Illinois says that you MUST have $25,000 per person coverage, that’s the minimum, and that just isn’t enough. You need at least $100,000 per person. So many clients of mine, unfortunately in a crash, get taken by ambulance ($2300) to the Emergency Room ($12,000 or more) for assessment and testing, then on to their doctor ($1000 or more) and then Physical Therapy ($3000 or more), lost time from work ($4000 or more)…. you get the picture. $25,000 isn’t nearly enough in coverage.

Call me for a friendly consult on the coverage you need and the best companies to buy from and the worst ones, the ones you must avoid. I’d like to help you, before the need arises.

Michael Mannis - Experienced Personal Injury Attorney - Chicago, IL

Experienced attorneys with a successful track record in slip
and fall accidents, wrongful death, medical malpractice,
and Uber/Lyft injuries - Call Us Now - (312) 704-4300

Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U